What is clipboard history?
The clipboard is a "store" where the data you copy is placed before it is pasted into the target place. The windows clipboard can store only one element. So its contents is replaced every time you copy something, and you can not retrieve the data you've copied before. For example, if you copied some text and forgot to paste it, and then copied some other text, the previous one is lost forever. That is vastly inconvenient!
The clipboard history is a set of all data that you copied to the clipboard: texts in various formats (plain text, rtf, html), images, file lists.
To get access to the clipboard history you should use a special software - clipboard manager. We recommend Clipdiary. It remembers everything you copy: plain text and text with formatting (rtf), html, pictures and files.
What can you do with the clipboard history?
- Quickly copy data back to the clipboard.
- Paste any clip from the history directly to the selected application.
- Search for the necessary clip by its contents.
- Find out what program the data was copied from.
- Delete clips.
See other articles about clipboard:
- Top 10 Reasons To Use Clipboard History and Clipdiary
- Plain text
- Office clipboard manager
- How to retrieve clipboard history
- How to find clipboard history
- How to clear the clipboard
- How to recover clipboard history
- How to access clipboard history
- How to see clipboard history
- How to view clipboard history
- How to get clipboard history
- Check clipboard history
- Clear clipboard history
- Clipboard service is unavailable
- View windows clipboard history
- Microsoft Clipboard History